Sunday, April 05, 2015

The beginnings of a plan

I told you one thing the counselor asked me was to make a bucket list - including (relatively) short term.

I have a friend in Phoenix and friends in Berkley.  I really haven't traveled much out west.  Today I called my friend in Phoenix and asked about going out there when my contract is up and maybe doing some hiking in the national parks.  We are working on a plan and I am so excited!

My plan is to take some time off work between contracts and connect with some friends and see some of the country I haven't seen before.  I'll have the money and the time. 

For so many years things felt so much like I was giving and my husband was taking.  When I needed him to be there for me - he wasn't.  Now I'm trying to figure out what I like and what I want to do - something I haven't considered for a long, long time.

It's weird and scary and exciting.

Take care!

4 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a brilliant plan to me - GO FOR IT.

All the best Jan

Gwen said...

well, if you drive any of it and find yourself planning to travel through southern CA, let me know! We could hook up for a couple of hours, breaking anything BUT bread. ;)

neca said...

HA HA! Thanks Jan - I am excited! Gwen, not sure where I'll end up, but if I'm down your way I will definitely let you know! :-)

Ak said...

Sounds like a great plan! I love traveling and seeing different parts of the world.