Friday, December 18, 2015

Last day

Today is my last weekday of unemployment before I start my new job Monday.  I am excited and nervous!  Last night I was feeling really sad - I have no idea why.  I started eating a second snack, then took myself to bed.

Yesterday I had Janet take my measurements - I will ask her to do it again in a couple of months to see my progress.  I don't measure myself, so that will be a neat additional measure of progress.

Today mom and I are hitting a couple of consignment shops (they do furniture and housewares) just to look around.  Yesterday I made a tablecloth and valences for mom's kitchen out of some pretty holiday fabric I bought last year.  I am thrilled with how they turned out.  Today I am making her a tote bag.

I still dream about my ex most every night, so I obviously still have a LOT of unresolved feelings.  (Not romantic, these are anxiety dreams!)  I miss being married, even if things were pretty bad.  I hope that at some point down the road I will meet someone that will be a better partner to me. 

But I am spending time with friends, and making time for those connections.  On the way to Wilmington last weekend, we stopped in Cary to have breakfast with a good friend and his girlfriend - that sort of thing. While there we stopped by and hung out for a while with a couple I've been friends with for many years and we made plans to see each other again.  I know I have a lot of wonderful people in my life, and I am thankful for that.

No comments: