Good morning.
Well yesterday wasn't too bad! I did a few things around the house, but kind of ended up taking the day off from mail, dealing with job hunting etc. I was feeling mentally tired after being out of town for a week, but I planned our meals, did the grocery shopping, did some laundry, and did some cooking. So for a "day off" I got a lot accomplished!
As I mentioned, my doctor recommended the book "The Metabolism Miracle" which is basically 8 weeks of low carb with a slow carb introduction after that. You aren't counting all your carbs, really just the carbs in processed foods (stuff like corn, potatoes, etc is not on the initial plan).
Anyway it wasn't too hard to get the hang of. I will say we ate a lot more vegetables than normal and that's a good thing!
Breakfast: protein shake (3 net carbs)
Snack: lunch meat
Lunch: tuna salad on half a Joseph's lavash wrap (4 net carbs) and a cup of loaded baked potato soup made with cauliflower (the recipe was in the book and this was tasty!)
Snack: almonds
Dinner: cube steak sauteed with mushrooms, steamed broccoli, and a salad made with homemade creamy Parmesan garlic dressing.
Snack: golden milk
I think I mentioned we were going to try this whole "golden paste" thing as it's really supposed to help with inflammation. You make up a tumeric paste, which will keep in the fridge. Then add some to a cup of almond milk to drink.
I made up the paste, then added some to the milk and warmed. I sweetened with stevia and added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to each cup. It ended up tasty like a spicy, not very sweet hot chocolate. T loved it, I thought it was drinkable. Since it's supposed to be so great, we will use what I made and see if it makes any difference. I will keep you posted.
If you are curious, this is the recipe I was given:
1
C water; 1/2 C organic ground turmeric; 1/2 C organic ground ginger. Boil until
like a paste. Stir in 5 tbs organic coconut oil, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground
pepper, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup raw honey. (Pepper is necessary to
activate turmeric benefits.). Let cool, store in fridge for up to a month. This
is called Golden Paste. To make the Golden Milk, add one tsp of paste to 1 cup
unsweetened almond milk and microwave for 2 minutes.
I left out the honey and used stevia. I used 1 tablespoon of the paste for 2 cups, which I heated on the stove.
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment