After discussion, T and I decided to cancel our annual camping trip up to PA. I am so very bummed, but taking a vacation when we are facing taking a big hit whenever we do manage to sell the house isn't a responsible move. It's not the trip itself, but we were looking at renting a larger car since ours are both small, plus having to kennel the new dog (Susie) because she is too anxious to spend over a week at my mom's, plus I was taking the time off unpaid - which all added up to a mighty expensive camping trip!
Yesterday I met friends for breakfast, did my grocery shopping, and did the food prep for the week. Breakfasts are a wrap with my faux gyro flavored ground meat (I had beef in the freezer, so I used that), lunches are bean and guacamole tostadas, snacks are varied: nuts, cheese, yogurt, lunch meat, protein shake, prunes - 200 or so calories of what sounds good that day.
I've quit buying soda at home - I still have one in a restaurant occasionally, but I've cut way back. So that's good! At work I drink flavored or sparkling water or unsweetened tea.
T has a job interview starting right this minute - fingers crossed for him!
So yes, we finally set a wedding date! And I didn't realize I didn't post about it, so no wonder you are confused!!!
We were thinking about the end of this year sometime but wanted to see if my son could do it after he got his captain's license. But he wouldn't be able to in NC, we knew we didn't want a big wedding, we didn't want to elope to Vegas, and we didn't want "just" a JoP downtown. We were mulling it over in the car on our way to Asheville the weekend before and I popped up and said "If F can't marry us, I'd just like to get married on the beach." Well, a friend of my son has a friend that is an officiant at the beach! I wanted Columbus Day weekend since it's a long weekend for me and I have virtually no vacation this year since I just started this job. But T's son was supposed to get married on October 13. Well, darn if 4 hours later he didn't send a message that they had decided to postpone their wedding a year.
So, we are getting married on the beach on Saturday October 7th! We are looking at late morning and then going back to my son & gf's house 4 blocks away and having a shrimp boil & seafood & apps for lunch. And sparkling punch! :-) It's going to be very small: his parents, sister and BiL, son & fiancee, plus my mom & Jan (ex MIL) and F (my son) and his gf.
So even though there is LOTS of financial stress, life is good. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment