Do you remember that short story from school? Well, that's how my life feels right now.
I finally heard from my realtor. SUPPOSEDLY (according to the buyer's agent that I don't really trust), the lender is supposed to approve the loan today and we should be able to set a closing date. This house has been under contract since 24 February, originally scheduled to close 14 April. So how confident am I? One a scale of 1 to 10 maybe a 2.
OTOH, I have had an offer (subject to inspection) from a flipper my realtor knows. It would be cash and he would do the inspection quickly, but the offer is for significantly less that the offer I currently have.
I'd love for this deal to close - the house is worth what it's under contract for, but it has now been under contract for 15 months and I need it gone, so taking the lesser offer just to get it gone v. holding out for a better offer if this one falls through is looking pretty good.
It would be a financial hit - I was counting on the sale of the house to make up for my long stretch of unemployment, but emotionally and financially I just need to move on. I can't continue to pay mortgage and utilities for 2 houses.
Ugh - being a grown up can be highly overrated at times!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment