Monday, September 17, 2018

So far so good


My mom & son obviously won't be able to get home right away since Wilmington is cut off, but we've heard from folks there and everything so far sounds like to damage at their houses isn't too bad. At the end of the day, the family and pets are safe.

We got a lot of wind & rain this weekend, but we came through fine. I worked on a few things around the house. Knowing that Sunday would be the worse day, I got up Saturday and did the grocery shopping before hitting the gym. Sunday I took a day off from exercise. I got a couple of early Christmas gifts - mom bought us a new ceiling fan for the back porch and my son came over and did a couple of things around the house for me. (I'd jokingly asked for a day of "boy servitude!). The new fan is hung and my living room valences have been rehung. I adore my husband, but handyman stuff is not his thing!

Anyway, we're fine, and I'm thankful.

Take care.

No comments: