Monday, March 04, 2019
What a week
I don't even know where to start.
I was on a conference call Wednesday afternoon when T opens the back door and I hear "I need help!". Turns out he had found a puppy in the road (not hit, just wandering). So all our plans were summarily tossed out the window while we tried to deal with what to do about this puppy AND get his car inspected because his tags expired Thursday so we HAD to get the inspection done Wednesday so he could register the car.
Without going into all the gory details, the dog has a maybe home and a rescue to take it if things don't work out. No collar, no microchip, no response to the found dogs signs we posted. A week with a puppy that isn't house trained and you both have to go to work and your dogs are confused is very stressful. Oh, and we were going to the beach to celebrate my son and his girlfriend's birthdays. Add to that I ended up having a pretty nasty cold. In any case, with all that I haven't worked out since last Monday.
Having said that: I am feeling better. The Saturday birthday dinner was a huge success! I got to go to the beach! I found 2 shark teeth! It was a great weekend, the puppy is settled into a potential forever home. I'm not 100% it will work out, but we have a back-up plan with a rescue organization if it doesn't. Laundry is done, food is prepped and packaged, and we are starting the week off on a solid note.
Going to the gym today no matter what.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds stressful! We have rescued dogs and cats over the years, and as much as I love animals, they are a lot of work. Hopefully his new home is a good match.
Post a Comment