Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Sale shorts


Good morning.

When we were in Wilmington for my birthday we went shorts shopping for the husband. In W-M I found some Avia running shorts I liked a lot for 10 dollars. I bought a couple of pair and have been enjoying them. Ellie at the gym asked me where I got them and she bought some (that's a great price for running shorts!).

Anyway, they are now on clearance for half price, so I bought 3 more pair. Now that I've lost weight, I'm actually wanting (and sometimes needing) to buy clothes. And I don't hate it as much as I used to.

Here's a quote from the blog Instant Loss: "When successfully losing weight there’s a temptation to avoid situations that may limit your control but I urge you not to. You’re sole purpose in life is not to lose weight, give yourself permission to enjoy yourself while you’re on your trip."

 That's the trick, isn't it? Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, not making food the focus, but not being afraid to enjoy it from time to time.

Yesterday was a good day - I ate well, enjoyed what I ate, and the bloat weight is coming back off.

Take care.

1 comment:

My Time to Bloom said...

I am definitely not a point right now where I could just not avoid situations that limit my control. I am on a hair trigger right now, so easy for me to fall apart. I certainly want to work toward just living life, not avoiding certain situations, and giving myself permission to enjoy myself though. I need to not only find my balance but also how to enjoy just a little and not fall off a cliff every time!