Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Good morning


I'm still here. Last week was fairly rough for me mentally, but for now at least I seem to be on an upswing. The good weather is helping I'm sure. I know these posts are boring, but so is my life. Lol.

Over 2 years ago I printed a PDF off of Sparkpeople called "30 days of quick and healthy lunch ideas". I'd been struggling to come up with some different ideas - especially since we're all having to get creative based on what we have or can get. The page has been stuck on the side of my fridge ever since I printed it. Sunday I pulled it off and actually looked at the recipes (I've used some before, but it's been a while). I'm sure the page itself is probably gone, but I searched the recipe section and found the tuna and white bean recipe (it's called tuna and white bean salad), which I made using some fresh herbs from a friend's garden. It's really good and a nice change!

I remember about half the time to make myself overnight oats, and dinners have varied. I'm trying to make a snack tray for the afternoon when T gets home. He showers, then we sit on the porch and have some light appetizers to hold us over until dinner. It's been a nice ritual. I usually have a deviled egg, pickles, olives, carrots, grapes, yesterday I had a dab of guac made from a stray half an avocado (not all of that at once!). It lets him unwind, gives us a few minutes together, and I try to make it somewhat healthy.

Tonight I'm doing oven fried chicken with boneless skinless thighs, rice a roni (Don't judge me!), and roasted okra.

I'm not helping with lunch at church on Sunday, but T is making the dessert (a sort of a tiramisu trifle) and I am making fresh yeast rolls. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain, so I don't know what sort of turnout we'll get. :-(

Hope you have a good day - stay healthy.

No comments: