I’ve been here before.
The past week has been filled with lame excuses, overeating, and generally feeling physically bad and emotionally guilty. Why am I here again? I feel like someone lost in the woods, who comes to the realization that they are walking in circles.
I put a call in to my doctor regarding my Welbutrin. I think I may either need a different medicine or a different dose. I felt like it was working for a while, but it doesn’t seem to be any more. Or maybe my perception is skewed?
I guess its no surprise that I didn’t get on the scale this morning. I had to shop for capris last night (I needed more warm weather work bottoms), and that felt like enough punishment for one week.
Besides still trying to get the house & yard squared away from being on vacation, I think part of the issue this week has been my MIL. She isn’t managing her life very well – not paying bills (or knowing where they are), not remembering appointment times, etc. Hub wanted to talk to her therapist to make sure the lady understood just how dysfunctional Mil is right now, and he probably also needed to let her know just how dishonest MIL is when discussing the past. Anyway, MIL threw a big fit about it and didn’t want him talking to her and was really acting like a goob, even though hub really was trying to help. So until 4 pm on my birthday, I wasn’t sure whether I would need to uninvite MIL from coming out to eat with us because of that situation.
In the end, hub did talk to the therapist and MIL had told her she wasn’t managing things well. He didn’t get a chance to talk about his mother’s dishonesty though. Which is a pretty major thing – she is completely off base in her portrayal of family relationships & events. I guess it’s a bit of a moot point – she owes over $200 at their office, and can’t come back until her account is current. Which will likely be never – she stills owes my mom half the money my mom loaned her for her glasses. I wish this woman weren’t in our lives. Sigh.
This weekend is going to be about getting my house tidied, de-stressing myself, and just generally getting my self back on track. I think I’ll rent a funny movie while I’m at it. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment