Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long
Listening to my meditation CD last night helped. So did exercise, healthy food, and a good night’s sleep.
As I was out this morning doing my walk/run, I realized that this blog has gotten pretty far from what it’s supposedly about: fitness. That’s not too surprising – that realization was followed by a second: my life has gotten pretty far from that focus as well.
I’m bringing this blog back to its roots. And while I haven’t given up on fitness, I want to make my health a higher priority. Watching my MIL slowly and painfully kill herself with the processed, packaged, modified, fake food product stuff she consumes as the mainstay of her diet has made me realize that I value my health, I enjoy “real” food, and I love pushing my body to its limits.
You can expect to see more here about what I’m eating, what I’m doing in the gym, and whether the birds were awake yet when I got up to walk (they weren’t this morning). You are welcome to come along, if there is still anyone still reading this thing! And even if there isn’t, well, its here to help me after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Neca-
You might not think that family dilemmas & other experiences should be part of a fitness blog, but to many of us you inspire, it helps us realize that we all have our distractions and setbacks. The trick is to rise above them. You don't give up--I think that's great!!
PS Thanks for the addiction I now have to Snyders Buffalo Wing pretzels!! :)
Post a Comment