This day, every day
Yesterday I didn’t want to go to the gym. It’s not that I didn’t know that I’d have a good time once I got there (which I did) or that I didn’t realize that I’d feel great driving home (which I did), it was knowing that as often as I go to the gym, as often as I get up and walk, I still feel like a cow. Mooo.
You know how people sometimes talk about how other folks sabotage their efforts to lose weight? Well, I sabotage my own efforts. (Like that’s news!) I didn’t want to go because I felt like I’d put the effort in, and then I’d undo it at some point in the week by overeating. In short, I felt defeated by flab.
But I wasn’t defeated yesterday. I got up and did my 2 miles, I had an awesome session at the gym, and I didn’t put too much food into my mouth. And I felt very good. And I won’t be defeated today either. I guess I’m nervous because we are going to be out of town all weekend, which means 6 meals eaten on the road, in restaurants. Scary. I am trying to plan ahead. I know there will be one “free” meal, eaten at our favorite Italian restaurant - which just happens to be located in Williamsburg, across the road from Busch Gardens. I also know lunch Sunday will be tough because it will be eaten in the park, and it’s all but impossible to find healthy, reasonably portioned fare inside the amusement park. I can pack a lunch for Saturday, breakfast isn’t too difficult – that just leaves dinner Sunday (maybe we can hit a Cracker Barrel) and the dreaded ”S” word – snacks. Send me strength!
My great aunt & mom came over for dinner last night. It was her last visit before heading back to Georgia tomorrow. It’s a bit like having my grandma back – I’ll miss her.
Because the boy was on restriction all weekend he didn’t get to watch any tv unless it was something we just happened to be watching, which is how he got hooked on season 5 of “Star Trek: Deep Space 9”. Something our whole family can agree on – amazing!
Well, I have nothing profound to say – my husband got down my fall decorations yesterday, but I was too lazy to put them up. But today is another day. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All the best on your weekend choices, enjoy them.
I think it's okay to lose an occasional diet battle as long as we keep fighting and try to win the war.
Post a Comment