Friday, September 29, 2006

End of the week – Party!!!!

Gotta say I’m glad this week is over. It’s been a doosy!

Hub and I had a situation earlier in the week where another couple (well, the wife) basically picked a fight with hub bad enough to end the friendship. The root cause is jealousy. It really stinks and we’re both angry & upset – this totally came out of left field. We have a lot of mutual friends, who have made it plain (to them) they need to resolve the issue themselves. This could make things a bit awkward at some of our medieval stuff. It makes me sad – I hate to see grown people act so immature.

I did pretty well despite the stressful situations, and managed to post a half pound loss. Yay!!! Now I am really fired up. I’d like to go to kickboxing tomorrow morning, but am torn between that & lifting weights. Of course, I could always go to kickboxing and then lift later in the day. Or lift this afternoon. Hmmm…. I have a long (4 mile) run scheduled for Sunday. Good times!

I get a very good (free) motivational e-newsletter from Tom Venuto. I really recommend it – even though his focus is on the weights, it has a lot to offer even for folks that aren’t so into the lifting. If you google his name, you’ll get to his site.

On another note, things calmed down on my yahoo group. It’s a great group of ladies – small, so not a lot of traffic, but very supportive. If you are looking for a small, low volume group to you to provide some support in your fitness journey, I would recommend it. Drop me an email, and I’ll put you in touch with the moderator.

Hub is doing yard work and working on his (and the boy’s) armor this weekend. I will be happily puttering about my house. I have so much to do I know I won’t be able to squeeze it all in. But I plan to enjoy every minute of it!

I will leave you with this thought, courtesy of Tom V.:

“Successful people TAKE ACTION! They are testing things, they are doing things, they are in almost perpetual motion! Unsuccessful people are always “thinking about it” creating plans, preparing, getting things ready, or god forbid, waiting until “the time is right” such as “until new years,” “when finals are over,” "after vacation" or “after the kids go back to school.”

No comments: