Thursday, September 07, 2006

“Anger is a gift.” – graffiti by the side of Pla-de-Beret.

Rant on.

I was so pissed off this morning! Here’s the deal: my neck is still hurting and my PMS is killing me and I’m working hard and I feel like poo…. I go home last night and while hub is taking the boy to tkd I make a nice supper. They get home and immediately get into a big fight – the boy is upset that hub has set out mouse traps (we have a mouse that is getting from the garage into the kitchen.) He asks me to pick up some of those “humane” traps with the one way door, which I do since I had to stop by W-M on the way home anyway. They had one, so I bought it. The hub refuses to put it out or take down the spring traps. The boy gets all upset (he loves all animals) and goes to his room, crying. So dinner is ruined, I feel like crap. I eat and head for the tub, after which I had a beer (just one – I went to the store and bought just one) and finished off the pint of lowfat Haagan-Daz coffee ice cream. Hub meanwhile spends the evening watching tv, talking to friends on the phone, and emailing. What do I wake up to this morning? If you guessed a filthy kitchen you’d be right. I totally lost it. I cook, and he’s supposed to clean, but “he didn’t feel like it.” I packed my lunch & left – no breakfast made for anyone, no lunches packed. The boy can buy it and hub can pack his own damn lunch. Oh yeah – and the mouse? He’d avoided the spring traps for days, but was in the humane trap in under an hour.

Rant off.

I had an awesome (anger fueled) run this morning. I flirted with the idea of sleeping in, then told myself I could “just walk”. By the time I left the house I needed to run harder than a race horse. Two miles later, I was sweaty, panting, and my calves were cramping up. Good times.

Other than last night, food is going fine. I won’t be in the office tomorrow, so I weighed today – I was down half a pound. I would’ve liked more, but it’s a start.

From bodybuilding.com: “So, what is creatine? Our bodies naturally make the compound, which is used to supply energy to our muscles. It is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is transported to the body's muscles through the bloodstream. Once it reaches the muscles, it is converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This high-powered metabolite is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Creatine's ability to enhance energy reserves in muscles comes from its muscle protein synthesizing action, while minimizing protein breakdown. This occurs because creatine has the awesome effect of super-hydrating muscle cells with water. It enhances muscles' growth too-making muscle fibers bigger and stronger.” That says it better than I could.

Well, back to the salt mine. Have a good one.

2 comments:

m said...

I need creatine NOW. Thanks for the lesson. Good for you for leaving the kitchen a mess. I would of gotton up at 4 am and started banging stuff around. (that's just me though)

Crack me up about the mouse going into the humane trap. They are smart.

Linda said...

Vengence I say!