Promise made, promise kept
Can I just take a moment to say how much I didn’t want to go to kickboxing yesterday? (Of course I can – it’s my blog. Ha!) I mean really. Did. Not. Want. To. Go. But I got in my car, called a friend, called hub. He was sympathetic “Yeah, I know how you feel. But go.” So I drove past my first exit, then my second, and that’s all the exits there are for our town – I was committed! It was hard, and I was tired, but I was truly glad I went. I had a light supper and that was plenty. It’s like I told myself in the car, if I had gone home, what would I have done? Eat? Yeah, probably. Going was the better option for sure.
This morning’s mantra was “feet on floor.” I was tired, but I got in a good 2 mile run. It’s been super busy here today (I got here early. Not only my boss already here, but he was already on the phone with HIS boss!). So the day has flown by. In short, things are going well.
Do I want to lift weights this afternoon? Heck no! What would make a good bribe? The promise of a nice long tub? Getting tomorrow afternoon off? Must. Go. To. The. Gym.
The weird thing is I have fun when I get there, so why don’t I ever want to go? Mystery of the ages people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh, mystery! I'm always glad when I get back from whatever it was that I didn't want to do, always!
Post a Comment