Be in the now
I was thinking as I was running this morning about how often when I am exercising, my mind is on the 43 things I will be doing after I work out. On the weekend I'm thinking about when I'll finish my run, what time I'll get out to the grocery, how long the shopping will take, etc etc. Weekday weight lifting sessions are filled with what time I need to finish to pick up th eboy to get dinner done... you get the idea.
I feel like I'm cheating myself in my workouts - instead of putting the most into my workout, my brain has already moved on to the next thing. I know that during the week I need to set limits so that I'm back by 6, but when I leave the house I generally have a good idea of how far I can go and get home on time.
Today I lifted weights after work. I only looked at my watch once. I didn't promise to pick up the boy - as a matter of fact I was so tired after my workout that I called hub and asked him to take care of that. To get the most out of my workout, my brain needs to be there as well as my body. I don't promise that I will always be this mindful, but I'm trying.
My workout was awesome - I really pushed myself and it felt great. I ran 2 miles this morning - mostly running, and that was good too. I had a beer both Saturday and Sunday nights, but other than that, my food was pretty decent this weekend. I'm working on it. :-)
Well, that's about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're doing well, keep it up!
Post a Comment