Thursday, December 14, 2006

Such a sad feeling

Deleting a friend off your Christmas card list, because they died. This is the second year in a row, and it sucks.

Empty your cup

A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor's cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. "It's overfull! No more will go in!" the professor blurted. "You are like this cup," the master replied, "How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup?"

I just can’t seem to get all the pieces in place. I’m busy with errands & extra stuff at the boy’s school, and when I get home I’m just so tired. I wish I had an off switch. So I sit in my chair, watching “Red Dwarf” and enjoying a little snack and a cold beer. It’s the only time all day I don’t feel tired, or overtaxed, or just plain too big. But I think it’s a contributing factor to all 3 of those things.

On the plus side, getting up and getting to the gym is easier, I am walking, and I only ate a third of that snowman donut! I’m hanging in there, except for an hour a day. Unfortunately, I am managing to do a fair bit of damage in that hour. Oops. No huge promises, but this is the first year in 5 that I have gained rather than lost weight. That’s gotta get undone. I will make one small promise – I will not snack after dinner tonight. Be sure and ask me tomorrow!!!!!

1 comment:

Jack said...

So did you snack after dinner last night? We're watching ya know!

If we keep taking little sips the cup won't spill over.