Thursday, April 19, 2007

Moving on, in my tiara

After talking with my mom, I decided it might be prudent to have a plan B for next school year. I am generally happy with the school – it’s a good environment and I know the quality of education is higher than public school. But I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the pastor – I will say he did seem fair but I got the impression he felt like I was overreacting. Currently, we pay roughly $3000 in tuition. We were also paying $2000 for after school care, so we’ll say $5000. I looked into 2 schools: they both have a good academic reputation and both would be convenient to home, mom, and my office. One was $9000 and the other was $11000. So, switching schools would be a serious financial burden. OTOH, we were only looking at having him in private school through middle school, so 2 more years. Well, at least I am researching options. I don’t want to feel stuck.

It’s kind of funny – I had my meltdown Tuesday night, then hub has his last night. Poor guy – he was really mad & upset.

Today is off to a good start. One of my co-workers made a yummy fruit platter (it’s huge) with really terrific stuff – pineapple, kiwi, grapes, strawberries, and oranges. No yucky cantaloupe – hurray! This afternoon another co-worker is bringing in a chocolate cheesecake (that’s what I requested.) Yum! The nice thing is that this department is large enough that you can have a piece of something, enjoy it, and then the vultures will make sure every last crumb is gone. And if you choose to pass, no one will notice.

Tonight we are going out to a nice restaurant. It’s a local “chain” – I think there are 4 or 5. The one nearby is the original – it’s near the country club, so a lot of older folk, but its really nice, quiet, and good food without being all pretentious or anything. Lunch is the business crowd, and dinner is the country club crowd. They have 3 things that are especially good: steak, alfredo noodles, and creamed spinach. I plan to have a steak, steamed vegetables, & the alfredo noodles. The nice thing is they are served in a side ramekin, so they are a reasonable portion. That way you can eat the whole thing and still feel human!

I made an appointment yesterday with my friend’s trainer for next Tuesday. I’ll let you know how that goes.

Saturday we are going up to Busch Gardens. The boy is bringing a friend, so that’ll be fun for him. Once again, the stress of the week has meant the house has gotten away from me. Tonight when we get home from supper it is my intention to put on some jamming tunes and spend 30 minutes just picking up around the place.

Today's title? Yes, I am wearing my tiara my boss got me last year! Have a good one!

No comments: