Catching up
Friday was pretty crazy – the check engine light came on in my mom’s new-to-her car, so I had to take it in to the shop. She took my minivan to Florida, so I was left with the Cabrio. A sensor had to be replaced, as did the serpentine belt. Ouch. We drove it to our medieval event this weekend (1 hour west) and then to a party (1 hour east). Hub said it was cute but that Germans need to put more cup holders in their cars, and if I ever decided to get a convertible, to please get an American one so he’d have a place to put his coffee. (You see his priorities).
I am still a snot factory, but the output has significantly diminished. I’m feeling pretty good. Saturday was super busy, but hub didn’t have to work and was able to go with me – that was really nice. Sunday I went to the gym and lifted weights. Our house is not totally clean, but that seems to be an ongoing condition.
This morning I went to the doctor. She is taking me off the Welbutrin and changing to Celexa, which she thinks will be more appropriate. She is doing some blood work to check my thyroid etc, but basically said “eat 1200 calories a day.” Ouch! I’ll keep you posted on how that works out. Ugh.
Anyway, good weekend overall. Not too thrilled with the new eating regime – not sure how that will work.
She also told me to go buy some nice clothes for this weight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yes the Germans really do need to put more cup holders in their cars! Our French car (Peugeot) is not much better, it's a pain on the longer trips.
Hope you kick your cold soon!
1200 calories a day - yikes!!
I'm on 1300 calories/day. I thought about it at first and wondered how I'd never be hungry. But in reality, when I stick with it, I feel much better. I'm never too full, or too hungry. Good luck with it.
Ouch is right. That's a mighty tight allowance she has you on. Maybe it's your thyroid. Maybe it's the Wellbutrin. Keep hanging in there....I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. You should be proud of yourself for working as hard as you do.
I drive a Japanese Nissan and there IS finally room for a cup but not the big bottomed ones that we prefer. 1200 calories doesn't sound like much.
Post a Comment