What the World Eats
I found a link to a Time magazine photo essay “What the World Eats” – an excerpt from the book “Hungry Planet.” Check it out: http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519,00.html
Anyway, Athena mentioned it in her blog, which reminded me of it. I meant to write a post about it, but with the writing muse on vacation, I promptly forgot. I put the book in my Amazon wish list – I’d love for my son to see it, and to see the rest of it. I also thought this might be an interesting experiment: post a shopping list for my family for a week, and a photo of the food I buy. Now, that would be an interesting meme! I am always curious about what other people eat, and I am forever stealing glances at other people’s carts – it’s like a glimpse into their inner lives. Does that make me nosy?
So I was starting to feel good about my whole “mindful eating with forgiveness’ schtick when I paid a visit to trainer #1 yesterday. Who pointed out to me that you can’t out-train lousy nutrition and was I ready to kick it up a notch and really start seeing the results of my hard work? I’m still staying away from the scale though!
We went out for Japanese last night – I had a California roll, hibachi veggies & shrimp, and about half my rice. My snack later was an NA “beer” and a sugar free frozen ice. Dinner wasn’t bad, but that snack was off kilter.
I brought in cupcakes, but left none at home for myself (3 for hub). This morning I intend to sit down & plan out my food for the weekend. Ugh. He’s right, but I’m not too happy about the harsh cold reality of which he speaks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your trainer is right.
You aren't nosy. I'm always checking out peoples carts. It's really interesting when I go to the grocery store in the poor neighborhoods. That's a long post. Some other time.
Every once in awhile I plan two weeks of meals at once. (freezing some) It's hard but worth it.
I think this would be a great meme, Neca....
I think it would be a great meme too......and I'm right with you on the cold, harsh reality of eating right. But I'm finally doing it again. So, I'm with you. I know for me, it's all about the planning, so good luck!
Post a Comment