Earning her keep
Jordan (our terrier mix, or as my friend says, “Jack Russell terrorist”) certainly earned her keep last night. My son was in the back yard when Jordan started going nuts. Butchie went over and starting barking as well. Turns out she had found a copperhead! No one was hurt and my husband killed it, but that could’ve been bad. It was big enough it would’ve killed either of the little dogs and my son would’ve been rushed to the hospital. I’m glad she was on watch!
The good weather continues. I got up and walked both mornings this weekend – it was so nice. I had a bad headache yesterday morning, so I slept in. This morning I got up but had some cooking to do, hopefully I’ll be able to walk this evening.
Food continues to have its ups and downs. Mostly good, although I had a binge incident on Sunday evening after doing really well all weekend. Ugh.
I’m trying to focus on my overall health and the benefits of improved eating, but I just can’t seem to get excited about it. I am still having my breakfast shake with lettuce/ spinach/ sprouts. That plus a salad at lunch gets me a long way in my veggie consumption. So while I am still eating some things that aren’t very healthy (I was tired the other night and made tuna helper with peas added, for example), I am getting in a good quantity of fruit & veg.
I still haven’t turned on my air conditioner. I love the way the house smells when the windows are oopen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HATE SNAKES!!!!!
Hi,
I'm Jules and I work at bestrank.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found
your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post
sponsorship.
If you are interested, kindly mail back for confirmation(jules@bestrank.com).Please
include your blog's URL.
Looking forward to doing business with you.
Sincerely,
Jules Viernes
BestRank.com
I think a jack russell could kill anything. I heard they were bred to kill the rats in New York at one time. Personally I hate them or I just hate my neighbor's dog because that one is mean and nasty.
I love having my windows open. I think it "cleans" the air in the house. Well my house at least because when the sun shines in you can see all the dust floating around. Lovely right?
Post a Comment