Thursday, June 12, 2008

Catching Up

Things are going okay. Our team at work had team building yesterday – we went to a baseball game. It was fun, but really hot! So I was glad I hadn’t committed to spin class (I am signed up for tonight.) We went over to my mom’s house & had dinner over there, then the boy came home and spent the night. That meant he had to get up early to go back over to mom’s, but he had a new videogame he wanted to play with hub.

I am still walking in the mornings, doing mostly okay with eating. Last night I didn’t have anything after dinner. Yay! It’s hard – I would feel so much better if I lost just a few pounds. I hate feeling like a cow.

So, spin class twice a week, weights 3 times a week, and a morning walk. I may up the walk to 3 miles since it’s going so well. I keep reminding myself that every little bit helps.

The boy is going to the beach this weekend, so we decided to postpone our father’s Day celebration until the following weekend. He’ll be staying home and he & hub will be replacing the duct work under my mom’s house. How’s that for celebrating??

I haven’t tried riding the bus to work yet – but I am targeting next Tuesday. I took public transit all the time when I lived in Germany and never thought twice about it. Here it’s such a hassle! But still, I could save $50 a month by using the bus 4 days per week, not to mention saving the wear & tear on the car!

Our food bills get cut quite a bit in the summer since during the school year I feed the boy plus my mom eats at our place 3-4 days per week. During the summer it’s mostly just me & hub. So even though food prices are going up, ours are way down for right now. The changes I’ve made (buying local) haven’t really trimmed our food bills, but we are eating MUCH healthier. So it’s been worth the extra effort.

Here’s a typical day for me:

Breakfast: bean burger on half a whole wheat pita, “green” drink (spinach, frozen fruit, water)

Snack: fruit & nuts

Lunch: bean soup or casserole, big salad

Snack: peanut butter and prunes

Dinner: lentil soup, chili, spaghetti – something like that (no or minimal meat), sald or other veg.

After dinner: sometimes nothing, sometimes garbage – I continue to work on it!

The heat has backed off here a little, although the thunder storms never really panned out (sadly – we could use the rain). It’s back to the low 90s, which is better. It’s still hot when I get up to walk though. By the time I’m dressed and leaving the house for work, my face is still sweating slightly!

So, this weekend isn’t anything special. Just working on projects for the annual vacation, maybe having a friend over, and watching some movies from Netflix. Such excitement!

No comments: