Friday, June 27, 2008

Tricksey scale, goodbye ranch, and this just in: Men are like from a whole different planet!

Tricksey scale, me hates you. I saw the same weight 3 days in a row (a half pound loss from last week), then this morning it says I’ve gained a pound and a half overnight. Uh, I don’t think so! I went to spin yesterday (3 spin classes plus 1 boot camp class this week!) and ate the same foods I normally do except I also had 4 veggie nuggets with buffalo sauce and ranch and a non-alcoholic beer. Somehow I doubt that had 6000 calories or whatever.

I have decided though to cut out the ranch (sniff sniff). I generally eat 1 tablespoon a day on my veggies at lunch (90 calories), but lately I’ve also started adding it to my evening veggies, and then of course I used it on my “buffalo wings”. Sorry ranch, but you got to go. I have some organic asagio cheese dressing that has less than half the calories. I’ve been buying the ranch from the cafĂ© at work (it’s 25 cents for a little cup of it, I was trying to be responsible), so there’s no bottle at home to tempt me.

I had a really funny post planned for yesterday, but just never managed to post. Sorry! Anyway, this is kinda funny: Wednesday I came home from spin. I told my husband that I was exhausted, my legs were thrashed (I think they left and left wet noodles in their place 5 minutes into class) and that I was starving. Now, a woman would’ve been empathetic, but my husband immediately goes into problem solving mode and latches on to what he feels he can fix.

Hub: “What are you hungry for?”
Me: “I would like a taco, pizza, and cheese dip.”
Hub” “I have to go get gas in my car. If you really want cheese dip, I can pick you up some.”
Me: “No, I don’t really want cheese dip.”
Hub: “Would you like pizza?”
Me: “There’s no place that sells it by the slice.”

At this point, hub is getting exasperated because I am not cooperating and enabling him to “solve” the problem.

Hub: “I will buy a whole pizza, you can have what you want. I wouldn’t mind some pizza.”
Me: “No, that’s okay.”
Hub: “Well, WHAT DO YOU WANT??????”
Me: “Veggie nuggets. I can put some buffalo sauce on them and it’ll be like wings.”

Bless his heart, he means well, but he surely does make it easy to overeat.

I have breakfast and lunch planned for tomorrow (usual weekday fare) and a healthy but yummy dinner planned. Sunday is less planned, but I am determined not to go overboard this weekend! I am having a “free” dinner tonight (pizza), but won’t go crazy. I plan to have a beer or two with my homemade vegan nachos tomorrow. So I have a plan for most of the weekend.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

m said...

I was lazy yesterday. Made mini pizza's for the the kids and WHOLE pizza for me. Yeppers, I ate half of it. Let's not discuss what I ate after that. (hint...ice cream was on sale at the store and I love blue chips)