Thursday, July 09, 2009

Divide and Conquer

I couldn’t decide whether to do food prep this weekend, or more sewing. I’ve decided to do both! That is, I am splitting my food prep tasks so I can do some of both on both weekends. I think it will make the cooking feel a bit less grueling. I love to cook, but hours non-stop in the kitchen gets a bit tiresome!

This weekend I’ll cook and freeze the spaghetti sauce, chili mac, beef stew, and zucchini bread. Next weekend I’ll make the meat pies. Since I make the filling and dough from scratch, that is an equal split of the work!

Tomorrow is the first mountain stage of the Tour. It’s really impossible to gauge who the most likely contenders for winning are until after a day or so in the mountains. The last time the Tour was in Arcalis (in 1997) Jan “Der Kaiser” Ullrich broke away solo on the final stretch to the summit (10.6km at 7.1 percent), decimating the field and laying the foundation for his Tour victory. He was supposed to be riding in support of his team captain (Bjarne Riis) – that didn’t work out so well, at least not for Riis.

The boy & my mom left for Florida today, so it’ll be pretty quiet around our place this weekend.

I have gone to the gym for the past 3 days after work, and the bag is in the car for today as well. This morning I was slated to do kettlebells, but I pushed those back a day so I could go for a walk in the neighborhood.

Going to the gym in the afternoons makes getting up at 5 a bit of a challenge. As a result, I hadn’t walked in the morning for the past 2 days. I don’t use my MP3 player much and I’m not burning up the roads or anything, I just enjoy being outside and listening to the birds and watching the sun come up. I’ve missed that.

But no worries – I can do kettlebells Tue, Fri, Sun this week.

Eating is going well – I’ve had a couple of evenings where I needed a snack around 8-ish because I was starving! I ate a bigger dinner last night and that did the trick. We had home made nachos – yum!

No comments: