Thursday, July 02, 2009

Must let off steam

I had a craptacular day at work. I could write all about it, but there's no point. Some days you have crappy days - such is life when you work with humans.

I have tried to be positive about it - it happens, move on, blah blah. After work I headed to the gym and got in a great workout even though I didn't feel like going. I came home and made a healthy supper even though I didn't feel like cooking.

Then the boy came home from the beach in this huge whirlwind b/c hub had promised to take him to a movie. So he rushes in, dumps a bunch of stuff, and they rush out. Never mind hub and I were supposed to have a conversation about the budget b/c he is talking about buying a tool bench from a guy at work - tomorrow.

Anyway, I'm tired, I had a shitty day, and I'm home alone feeling like nothing I have to say is important. Maybe that's not fair, but that's how I feel. What I want is to each some nachos and have a couple of beers (we don't have any in the house). Instead I am posting here hoping to diffuse my frustration.

I feel so frustrated that I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat. I just want to stop feeling what I'm feeling. I'm tired & times like these I just wish I had an "off switch" when life seems to be invading my personal space. My off switch is spelled C-H-E-E-S-E.

Ugh. I know exactly why people use food to insulate themselves from their emotions. Something doesn't have to be tragic - or even bad - too feel like just too much.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Its good to vent, then you can get back to living. Hang in there!