Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday Morning Randomness

Do you ever have one of those mornings where you feel like is sitting around saying something like “Oh ho! Some people are just thick. I’ve been dropping subtle (and not so subtle) hints all week that she needed to slow down. I guess now it’s time for a smackdown.”

I should’ve seen it coming. I was tired at the gym yesterday afternoon. After we finished watching the Tour, getting up and loading the dishwasher while hub vacuumed was one thing. By why scrub out the inside of the fridge after 9 pm? I mean, really?

Payback came knocking this morning. First, I hit what felt like a wall of tired during my kettlebell workout. And getting tired & making a mistake while swinging a 26 pound kettlebell is not smart. So, I skipped the last set. I splashed green drink on my shirt. I nearly forgot my cold bag to take with me to Costco this afternoon. When I started yelling because I had splashed laundry detergent on the dog leashes, I realized it was time to give myself a mental timeout. Luckily, no one was home to hear me but the dogs.

After Costco, instead of trying to do all my other grocery shopping, I think I’ll go home and chill out. I’ve been needing a bag to take to the gym (my regular gym bag is too big to fit in the lockers and I don’t need to take boxing gloves, my own neck pad for the squat bar, and swim gear with me just to use the freaking elliptical.) I have some nice asian print quilt cotton that I’ve been hoarding – maybe I’ll use some and make a nice bag. Then I’ll sleep in tomorrow….

I admit part of the reason I’ve been pushing so hard is that the scale has been stuck. Things are happening, but the scale doesn’t want to budge. Instead of wearing myself out overdoing it with the exercise, I need to just stay consistent. As long as I keep doing the right things, it’ll pay off.

I’d forgotten one drawback to having Lance in the Tour: all news outlets must be avoided if you want the end of the day’s stage to remain a surprise. I’d managed to forget that over the past 4 years, and an accidental glimpse at a headline on msn.com ruined the finish of yesterday’s stage for me. Gah.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: