I'm back to not sleeping well. The past couple of weeks I've been back in the pattern I was in a few years ago when 3-4 nights a week I would wake up in the middle of the night and be awake for 2-3 hours. It sucks.
Luckily, my mom reminded me that I have a bottle of melatonin, which I've used in the past with some success. Friday night I took half a pill, and felt like a zombie Saturday morning. So Saturday night I took a quarter of a pill, and Sunday morning I woke up a bit tired, but felt good. We went to the beach, I got my chores done around the house (most of them anyway!), and I felt much more rested.
Then for some reason I decided not to take one Sunday night. Dumb. I woke up at 2, was awake until 4:30, and then dozed for 15-20 minutes at a time until I got up just before 6. I threw my dirty hair into a ponytail, hald packed lunch and breakfast, came to work, and bought a diet pepsi.
Last night I cut 2 pills into quarters and took one. Ah, sleep.
I haven't checked my personal email in over a week. I've been so wiped by the time I get home, I haven't even bothered with the computer. I have a long post I've been rolling around in my head and know I want to get it down in the next couple of days.
I'm doing better. Thanks for reading, and commenting. I appreciate it very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have been thinking about picking some of this up so I am happy you happened to do a post on this. Not happy that you had to but happy for the information.
I hope you find that right dose.
I hope you manage to get some rest and things calm down for you soon.
Post a Comment