Saturday, October 26, 2013

Misc.

It's beginning to feel a little cooler - it was 68 when we took a walk this morning, and we have the windows open. Hurray for open windows!

Hub is power washing the roof - one of the final things we want to do to the house before we rent it out.

I did some more packing this week and sorted through my sewing stuff.  I decided I wanted to keep some sewing stuff with me so I could work on some small projects, but the bulk of it is going into storage.

This felt like a difficult week, although not so bad that I felt the need to take half an anxiety pill.  Work is just .. ugh.  Frustrating.  It seemed to take most of my energy just to get meals on and dishes washed.  There wasn't much left over after that, you know?

I have decided that I need to get up and take a walk every morning (even a short one) just to help my stress levels.  Exercising at the fitness center at work is great, but getting outside does seem to be helping a bit.

Have you been reading about the scare around the dog jerky treats?  To me the really scary part is that the FDA can't figure out what is making the dogs sick (or killing them).  And they are testing these treats.  The reality is that of the food we import, only a tiny fraction gets inspected at all.  If they test something and can't identify the substance that they know is deadly to pets, how can we be sure human food is safe?  The FDA is proposing testing and labelling and already the animal food industry is complaining.

I know this is going to sound like I'm some sort of conspiracy theorist, but honestly, trusting the government to ensure the safety of food is a little scary to me.  I stopped buying pet food from overseas years ago.  I try to never buy people food from China, Vietnam, etc. either - although with the way food is labelled, it can sometimes be hard to identify country of origin. 

Another reason we are looking forward to buying something with enough land we can have a large garden, fruit trees, chickens, etc.

I did the grocery shopping this morning. My goal for the afternoon is to sort through 2 bookcases.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

PlumPetals said...

A daily morning walk sounds like a great way to start the day!