Monday, January 27, 2014

For all the crazy, my life is good

This was not the best weekend.

Saturday was fine.  We did the shopping and then decided to be total slugs - hanging out & watching movies.  Sunday started out pretty good.  We went to the beach.  It was breezy and felt good and I love the beach.

After that the day just went downhill.  I didn't feel well - physically or mentally.  I think part of it is stress, part was postponing lunch until 2 in the afternoon, and there is a cold going around.  I woke up with a headache and couldn't shake it. 

Tomorrow I get my new permanent top 4 teeth (and spend  $7500) and then I live with how they look for the rest of my life.  The good news is that tomorrow is the end of a long, expensive, stressful, dental journey. 

I got up this morning and took some cold medicine (and brought in a second dose for later).  I packed my breakfast and my lunch.  I am getting ready to go downstairs to the fitness center.  I am doing the right things. 

I am struggling with the big picture - with the plan. So I've decided to stop focusing on the long view and focus on the day to day.  That feels within my control - so much else just doesn't right this minute.  And I am tired of worrying about things over which I have no control.

Make good choices today!  Ultimately, that's all we can do.

1 comment:

PlumPetals said...

Focusing on day to day tasks is a good plan. Hope you feel better & good luck at the dentist's office!