Friday, January 17, 2014

Week in review

I was up 0.2 pounds this week - essentially stayed the same.  I'm okay with that, it was a difficult week.

I did have a better day yesterday and feel pretty good about today as well!  I went for a walk yesterday afternoon and my back was still really hurting - I clearly either overdid it or used bad form (which happens when I get tired).  Either way, I intend to add more moves in with my swings and start with fewer swings.  I love them because they get my heart rate up, but I need to not be so hurt I can't do anything else!  So, plan for today is a cardio video (back permitting) and my wonderful 30 minute stretch video.

Foodwise, I have packed my homemade burrito every morning and I am loving it so much I decided to make them again next week!

For lunch I brought the rest of the eggplant parm from dinner the other night (I only ate a little over half).  I will get a salad to go with it.  I also have a few almonds and an apple for a snack.

Dinner last night was baked flounder, sweet potato fries, and broccoli.  Tonight I am having nachos made with 2 corn tortillas baked (for the chips), ground turkey, refried beans, and avocado.  And salsa of course.  I am having another green salad on the side (I don't like lettuce on my nachos - I have this weird thing about cold foods on top of hot ones.)

Lunches next week are grilled chicken thighs in a salad.

No big plans for the weekend - pull out my sweaters and thicker pants!  And hub is cleaning my car.  We might get up Sunday and go for a walk on the beach - that would be nice.

I struggle at times with how much to put down here.  I feel like sometimes I come off as a whiner (and sometimes I am!), but I also have a lot of difficult things going on right now.  I try to be "real" and honest, but I don't want to put out all the details of my life either.  I continue to search for the middle ground.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: