Saturday, June 28, 2014

Improvise, adapt, overcome

I had a difficult morning.

I saw a number on the scale that made me feel like I'm spinning my wheels.  But I knew I was going to the Y to sign up for swim lessons!  Got to the Y and the class was already full.

I got in my car and cried.  And called my mom.  And cried.  Then I went grocery shopping and called a friend.  She talked me off the ledge and gave me a couple of ideas.

Then I went back to the Y and signed up for evening water aerobics 3 evenings a week (Mon, Wed, Thur).  At an even more convenient time.  I was sure the class would be full, but I called and she said no, so I drove right over.

Starting next Wednesday, I have signed up for water aerobics for the month of July for 4 days a week - 3 evenings at 7 and then early Saturday morning.

It's a start.  Oh, and I had a salad for lunch. :-)

No comments: