Thanks for the comment Plum Petals, my husband is doing ok. A kidney stone is probably the most painful not serious thing that can happen to a man. :-)
Although I whined a bit yesterday, I'm not really upset. Life happens, and I'm thankful we are in a position where we can help family.
When I first met my MIL, she was a much more selfish person. She's still lacking in people skills, but she is a lot more caring of others. Like her desire to take hub to the emergency room so I could sleep (since I had work the next day). And the fact she is always willing to dog sit any time we go out of town. I wouldn't want to board my dogs, and it would cost a fortune. But thanks to her they get to stay home and they love her because she showers them with affection.
Our family is close knit and loving and we do for each other. My quest for fitness is about optimizing my health so I can live to the fullest and enjoy my family the longest.
Life isn't perfect, but after being so isolated, I am so grateful to be with them.
This weekend mom and I are going to Georgia to visit my great aunt. She is 94 years old and her mind is better than mine! :-) We always have a wonderful time.
I am reading your blogs and checking up on you guys! Glad to be back!
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"My quest for fitness is about optimizing my health so I can live to the fullest and enjoy my family the longest."
SO. Much. This.
You got this lady!
My move to a new country - leaving what has been my home for the past 30+ years - has also been an eye opener for me as to what is important in life. You're right, it's having people around you that you love and who love you that makes such a difference. I think recognizing that and appreciating it is part of living a healthy life :)
Post a Comment