Sunday, December 20, 2015

A new beginning

Happy Sunday! In less than 24 hours I will be at my new job.  I have a lot of feelings about this.  My last job was an 18 month contract - I hoped to get on permanently, but at the same time I wasn't as emotionally invested since I was a contractor.  And while there are perks to not being full time, I needed something with benefits since mine and my son's health insurance is through my husband's work, and that won't last forever.

I am excited because the company is much smaller than where I've been in the past (I worked at a major credit card company and one of the largest banks in America) and they treat it like family.  My boss works for the president that runs all the companies under the umbrella (I'll work for a subsidiary).  It's also a LOT of responsibility. So nervous, but excited.

Last night I ate a side of pasta with dinner.  Big mistake.  If there is one food that sets me off, it's pasta. I have no idea why!  I ate a smallish side portion, and still ended up feeling "nibbly" all evening.  I can eat a small serving of the Barilla protein plus, but last night was a reinforcement of why I have to stay away from the regular stuff.  I'm not normally sensitive to carbs, but pasta is the exception.

I had a great workout with Janet yesterday.  Today I am going for a walk in the park, getting ready for tomorrow, and watching some football.  I hope you have a nice day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Pasta really increases my blood glucose in very huge ways- big spikes, doesn't come down. My poor body, all it could do was store fat to protect itself.

I started using sautéed cabbage and broccoli slaw as a replacement for pasta noodles. It tastes great, freezes well for batch cooking and reheating and no binge eating or urges.

Good luck and great observations about the pasta. Best wishes on your new job.

neca said...

Great ides! I know I also like to spiralize zucchini. I just didn't realize how much traditional pasta affected me!