All or nothing is a trap, a fallacy, one a lot of people fall into. T is the perfect example of someone who lives in that trap. He lost a lot of weight doing Medifast - which he followed perfectly. But count calories or practice moderation? Not so much. That makes it easy for me to give in. I need to remember that I am an adult, I am responsible for my own choices.
I looked at Medifast, but it's hard for me to justify spending $600/month for the 2 of us to eat dust packets. I can do a lot better a lot cheaper, but I admit sticking to your own plan is a lot harder for me than just being handed a regime to blindly follow.
Right now there are some great things happening in my life: our relationship is good and we have (tentatively) set a wedding date. It looks like the Florida house might actually close sometime next week. I am really enjoying my new job. The last one did such a number on my mind, it has been difficult to let my guard down. But I do believe that this one may work out really well.
I find that I see myself a certain way, I have a certain "lifestyle" I visualize and say I want to live that way, and then I don't. I feel like the values I say (at least to myself) I have and the way I live my life don't always align. I find this especially true when it comes to health and fitness, but it's true in other areas as well. Why the disconnect? What's the truth? This is something I need to get to the root of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sticking to your own plan is harder, but I'm sure the foods you buy and prepare will be of more nutritious value than anything that comes in a packet. You sound determined. I'm sure you can follow through.
Thank you!
Post a Comment