Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Crazy week

So, we're not having a honeymoon (obviously). We don't have the money and I don't have the time. We are looking at going to DC next month though.

Our friend from Australia is a former professional chef who loves smoking meats, making his own bacon and sausages, and food tourism. In other words, T's long lost twin! Lol

Monday I had the day off so we went up to Boone and Grandfather Mountain. Yesterday they went to Asheville. Today I am working from home so we went and had bbq in Lexington. I think they've both had a wonderful time. S is flying out tomorrow afternoon.

Mom and I are headed to Georgia this weekend to visit Alma - she is definitely slowing down and her memory gets a little flaky. It's been 3 months so we are definitely due a visit. I used to really look forward to them, but honestly not so much any more. I love her very much and it's hard to see her sad. But I know our visits are very important and I am thankful I am able to help her in some small way.


No comments: