Monday, October 23, 2017

Wellbeats


Yes, this is really happening. Ugh. I haven't even gotten my fall decorations up yet!




We went to the event for about 5 hours Saturday and had a lovely time.  Saturday night T fell out of bed and really hurt his hip. We were both out of sorts yesterday and it wasn't pretty.  Luckily we both slept better last night so hopefully this evening will be more pleasant!

I am on track to complete my 200 kettlebell swings before I leave the office.  It's raining so we only got in 4 laps around the building.  I did go to the gym.

The gym has this small-ish room like most gyms have for classes.  Instead of instructors, they have a computer kiosk with a system called Wellbeats . You click into the system and select from a menu of classes on demand.  If you go to their website, they have various programs made up from the classes. I selected their "get started" workout plan. It's 4 weeks, 4 days per week, with a guided program laying out what classes to take. Most are less than 30 minutes.

Today I did the "basic fit test" and wrote down my results. It will repeat at the end of the program. I like that I have something organized to do rather than just randomly selecting a class. I've never seen anyone using the room, so I don't think access will be an issue.

Meals are planned and I have an ambitious goal for the end of the year: 20 pounds in the 10 weeks left. Even if I don't make it, if I only get halfway there I will be proud of me!

Take care.

No comments: