Happy New Year!
Back to work, with the whole team in the office for the first time in a couple of weeks!
It's cold as heck here (single digits). It's not just that southerners aren't used to it, our houses and buildings just aren't built with the same level of insulation, so it's pretty brutal. Luckily I'm headed south in a week! (Wow, I can't believe it's a week out until Disney!!).
T has been sick with a cold, so the last few days have been pretty low key. We did go on a date Saturday - to see the Christmas decorations at Korners Folly (a nearby Victorian mansion) and to a tour & tasting at Bull City Ciderworks. I'd never toured a microbrewery or winery of any kind before, so the tour was really interesting. We sampled probably 10 of the 16 ciders on tap (ranging from a sip to half a 5 oz glass). It was a very nice date!
Christmas decorations are taken down and packed - we just need to carry them out to the barn or over to the (climate controlled) storage unit. The house looks so barren.
Once the lights are down, I always get a little depressed. I hate cold weather, and it's cold and dark. Yuck. It always feels like spring is forever away.
T is back to work tomorrow, wrapping up his long term sub job this week and starting his new full time job Monday. Yay!
Food was prepped and packed. Kettlebell workout completed this morning, although I may do a few more moves this afternoon just to get some movement in - with the temps what they are, I seriously doubt I will do any walking outside today!
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment