Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Just do it already!

I am not a resolutions person. I've discovered over the years that my rebellious streak is a mile wide, and if you tell me to do something (or even if I tell myself) I run in the opposite direction. A better way for me is to set small goals and sneak up on the larger ones.

Having said that, I am tired of wasting head space and energy fretting over things to come. Over the years I have gotten better about not procrastinating, but I will still worry & postpone. I'm tired of having a head full of worry about stuff I'm not doing or not ready to do.

I have decided to set a motto for myself this year "Just do it already!" Like Yoda, "Do or do not, there is no try." Either work on it or stop whining about it (even mentally).

Will it work? I dunno, but I won't know if I don't try! My first goal is to lose 5 pounds, and to get my CDs and DVDs organized.

Take care.

No comments: