Tuesday, March 13, 2018
Tuesday
No gym yesterday - the roads were pretty dodgy and it snowed most of the day. Luckily things are much better today. I am still at home though since Spectrum is supposed to come out and take a look at our internet - it keeps dropping in and out. Last time they came, they said it was squirrels chewing on the line. So not sure what (if anything) will be done. One of the down sides of living in a small town - virtually 0 internet provider choice.
This is the book I got the beef bourguignon recipe out of. I like this book because it is the convenience of the crock pot but the recipes are a little more sophisticated than your typical "Better Homes and Garden" variety crock pot recipes. I have a love/ hate relationship with cooking blogs. I get tired of scrolling through all the pictures and the cutesy story just to find a coleslaw recipe. If I see a link that sounds good I will check it out, but I don't follow any cooking blogs.
I'd like to piggyback on a thought in one of Karen's most recent posts:
Having a relationship with food. Food is an inanimate object. I think the problem is that for many of us that are overweight, we've used food in ways that aren't healthy. Food has "been there" for me when people who loved me (like my spouse) were emotionally unavailable. Food filled a void for me. That's not the fault of food (how can an inanimate object be at fault??) - I used it in an inappropriate way. Eating can (and I think should) be an enjoyable process. It can be a wonderful time to come together and enjoy companionship and nourishment. But at the end of the day, food is simply a tool to care for my body. It's up to me to choose the best tools!
Tonight's dinner is in the crockpot (again) - a pork tamale casserole. After this we will have lunch leftovers, leftovers to put in the freezer for when we need a quick meal, and a day or two to cruise on leftovers. We both enjoy cooking, but time is limited during the week!
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment