Thursday, May 10, 2018

Deep thoughts


I'm fine. T seems committed to losing weight, so I am glad. We're doing fine. I'm feeling bummed today - my son had a big fight with his girlfriend and I know how much that sucks. I feel badly for him. I just love him and want him to be happy. Relationships are hard, I think things do get easier with age though. He's heading into his final year of college, so he's an adult but not completely independent, but I think she expects him to be, which isn't really fair because she wasn't when she was in college. Whatever.

Anyway, blah.

Here's a picture in case you need any encouragement today.

Take care.


2 comments:

Vickie said...

I have one who has been out of grad school for a couple years, one just finishing grad school, one still in under grad. So all kinds of ages.

We found these two sets of questions to be super helpful in figuring out relationships.

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Questions_to_Ask_Your_Boyfriend

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/dating-conversation-topics/100-questions-before-marriage

Such good conversation starters to know if they should be dating (each other). Or topics they need to address. Really helpful.

Nixpix said...

I also am the parent of an only child and he is a boy. He starts his Senior year of college next year. I can so understand how your son's life affects you. You and I are both very close to our boys. We love them so much and just want the best for them. One thing that really helps me is to realize life cycles, so when things are great really celebrate and thank God for the blessings. When things are low, I do what I can and then turn it over to God. I love the saying Let Go Let God. I really enjoy your blog and how open you are with sharing what is going on in your life. I think many of us can relate.