Well hello Thursday!
Pants:
When I interviewed for my current job back in April of 2017, I probably weighed around 7 pounds less than my highest weight. I remember going out to buy a larger pair of slacks for the interview. I basically wore 2 pair of slacks for that fall, then lost enough that I had about 4 pair I was able to wear over the winter. Currently at the front of my closed are 7 pair of slacks in this size (when I organized my guest room I found some I didn't know I had), the one larger and 6 of the size I am wearing today. They are all too big. I didn't realize it until I put these on. Since they have the dreaded stretch waist band, they are staying up okay. I have 4 pair (I think) of the same slacks in the next size down - this weekend I will re-organize my closet, move them to the front, and send these to Goodwill. It's a lovely problem to have, and reinforces that yes, I *AM* getting smaller, even if I don't feel the changes are really noticeable in the mirror.
Rewards:
Yesterday I was asked in the comments how I intended to reward myself for hitting the 30 pounds lost mark and I jokingly replied "lose more wight!" But you know what? That's the truth! The side benefits of the lower number on the scale have become their own reward.
- More energy
- Better sleep
- Able to briskly walk for 30+ minutes without foot or back pain.
- Able to stand for most of the day without my feet hurting.
- Feel more like I control my food v. out of control with my eating.
Sure I could go get a pedicure or new earrings or whatever, but truly those side benefits are more awesome than anything I could purchase. Having said that, that's totally me! And I most certainly have rewarded myself with purchases in the past - hey, sometimes bribery if a terrific way to get yourself down the road!!! So no judgement - whatever gets you going, right? :-)
Rings:
I was at my highest weight when we got married last fall. When we bought my rings (they are antiques) I had them sized. We also ordered silicone bands from Qalo.com (which I love). They are all too big. I rarely wear my nice rings and I know I will need to order new silicone bands soon.
Snacks:
It is so weird to me. In the past, evening/ weekend snacking, going overboard, and other food shenanigans were a continual struggle I was always trying to manage. I'd make deals, factor in treats, look for alternatives, etc. etc. It remained a challenge the whole time I was losing weight - and gaining! It felt like this ongoing battle that had become an unwinnable war. This time? Not so much. What's different? I wish I knew!
I can say that past attempts have felt like a frantic major effort - imagine a bonfire topped with a bunch of kindling and small dry branches. The flames are huge, but short lived. This go around feels more like building a fire with nice oak logs. The flames aren't as high, but the fire is a lot more durable and long lasting.
I'm not saying I'm perfect or never have a slip - I still do! But that are infrequent rather than a regular occurrence. And sometimes a thought will run through my head "I'd sure love a cold beer." I don't try to even argue - I just say "Yes, they do taste good" and leave it. It's like without that attention or internal argument the idea just wanders off rather than taking root. Again, I think it goes back to determination rather than motivation. This is my life - not a diet I ever plan to "go off" of. Will I eat pasta again? Sure, I very well may. But not weekly even in all likelihood. I'm okay with that. I feel good. This is the way my body seems to like to be treated, and the reward is it is treating me better in return.
Take care.
Rings:
I was at my highest weight when we got married last fall. When we bought my rings (they are antiques) I had them sized. We also ordered silicone bands from Qalo.com (which I love). They are all too big. I rarely wear my nice rings and I know I will need to order new silicone bands soon.
Snacks:
It is so weird to me. In the past, evening/ weekend snacking, going overboard, and other food shenanigans were a continual struggle I was always trying to manage. I'd make deals, factor in treats, look for alternatives, etc. etc. It remained a challenge the whole time I was losing weight - and gaining! It felt like this ongoing battle that had become an unwinnable war. This time? Not so much. What's different? I wish I knew!
I can say that past attempts have felt like a frantic major effort - imagine a bonfire topped with a bunch of kindling and small dry branches. The flames are huge, but short lived. This go around feels more like building a fire with nice oak logs. The flames aren't as high, but the fire is a lot more durable and long lasting.
I'm not saying I'm perfect or never have a slip - I still do! But that are infrequent rather than a regular occurrence. And sometimes a thought will run through my head "I'd sure love a cold beer." I don't try to even argue - I just say "Yes, they do taste good" and leave it. It's like without that attention or internal argument the idea just wanders off rather than taking root. Again, I think it goes back to determination rather than motivation. This is my life - not a diet I ever plan to "go off" of. Will I eat pasta again? Sure, I very well may. But not weekly even in all likelihood. I'm okay with that. I feel good. This is the way my body seems to like to be treated, and the reward is it is treating me better in return.
Take care.

1 comment:
I can't wait to be able to start cleaning out my closet of clothes that are too big for me!
Post a Comment