Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Feeling more myself
This morning I crossed a major milestone - over 50 pounds lost.
Sunday afternoon we took the dogs for a walk. T remarked how different the experience was from a year ago. It forced me to think back - last fall/winter we tried to walk the dogs (somewhat) regularly. I would have to stop and take a break because my back was hurting. Getting close to the end of the road and back was hard. Walking dogs 1 year later, we were able to walk a larger loop easily. I'd forgotten how I used to struggle to walk even 3 laps around the building or get close to 3 mph on the elliptical. I have come so far in the part year - it's monumental.
And the more I've lost, the more I've felt like myself. The outside is beginning to match the inside. It's strange to be a person that spent most of your life a healthy weight and then spend years seriously overweight. I don't need to figure out who I am at a healthy weight - I just need to remember. I feel like I've been living in someone else's body and I'm beginning to get mine back. It's awesome and very weird!
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment