Friday, November 16, 2018
Okay
Last night we had a friend and her kids over for supper. She requested matzo ball soup, so we put together a big pot of soup plus salad and sandwich fixings. It was a good meal, higher in carbs than normal plus the addition of lunch meat. The scale was up 0.6 pounds from yesterday, bringing my weight loss for the week down to 0.8 pounds. That's okay. There was a time where I would have made a different meal (as opposed to honoring the request of a guest going through a very rough time) or fixed something different for myself to minimize the scale fluctuation. I chose (and am choosing) not to play those "scale games". Some days are higher in carbs or salt and will cause fluctuations. If it's the day before I record my weight then oh well - I've got to look at the long haul and not get caught up in the minor fluctuations.
I'm still losing consistently at a time of year when many folks don't, so I am not going to drive myself nuts chasing a number. Instead I need to focus on doing the right things, consistently.
When I got home my husband helped me get down a suitcase on a shelf in the guest room closet. It was the last place I could think of to look for my jeans. I hit the mother lode!! Not just the jeans (which I found!), but a whole bunch of stuff in the next size down - workout capris, workout tops, long sleeved t shirts for wearing under sweaters, so yay!!
I hope you have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment