Wednesday, November 14, 2018
Yucky weather
The weather here has turned miserable. Cold & rainy - yuck. Even though it's a lot of driving, I am so thankful that we are able to go and visit with and check on my great aunt regularly.
My son fell behind in school this term - all his classes are online, the school was closed for 3 weeks due to the hurricane, and work at the boatyard was nutso. We are tag teaming helping him get caught up. He is doing the work of course - it's mainly sitting with him, helping look up stuff in the textbook, and making sure he's on track to catch up. It's a time suck for us, but it's important. Yeah, it's kind of his fault, but some of it was also beyond his control. I'm glad T is willing to help out as well. Add to that the gifts I want to make, projects I want to complete around the house, and the usual extra things that come with the holidays, and I'm busy!
I got up this morning and went to the Y to swim first thing. I am completely unwilling to compromise on taking care of myself - eating well, exercise, and quality sleep are not negotiable.
The kids are coming up this weekend! I can't wait. :-)
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment