Monday, March 25, 2019
Today's skirt
Good morning. Today I am wearing a skirt. Other than the funeral, I don't even remember the last time I wore a skirt. I bought this skirt at the Goodwill near my mom's old house. I'm guessing I bought it in 2015. It was "a little small", but it's a really cute wrap around jean skirt and so for $4 I bought it for "someday." Then of course I turned around and gained another 20-25 pounds and that skirt seemed a million miles away, but I would run across it occasionally in the back of the guest room closet.
As I lost weight, I began trying it on periodically. Today was the magic combination of it fitting well enough + the weather being warm enough that I am wearing it. Small victories.
I am headed for the kettlebell gym Wednesday and I have asked the trainer to redo my measurements - they haven't been done in a couple of months.
I have a meeting that is going to run late so I am meeting a friend for dinner on the way home. We don't get to catch up very often (she works crazy hours!), so that will be fun. T will be already gone to band practice even if I went straight home anyway.
This weekend was really good. I got a bunch of mending done, and pinned the hem in our bedroom curtains, not to mention grocery shopping, food prep, and general tidying up. We had the house opened up and it always feel so fresh & clean after that. T replaced the guts in one of our toilets - they crumbled as he took them out!! So yeah, a lot of leaking going on! He's doing the other one some evening this week. Our water bill has been creeping up and we think this is likely the culprit. Oh! And he mowed the yard.
So an awesome, productive, fun weekend that I feel so good about.
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I haven't worn a skirt in forever! I have been too embarrassed to show my legs. Even my workout pants are capris, not shorts. I have a few skirts that now fit again, and I am looking forward to wearing them soon.
Enjoy!!
Post a Comment