Tuesday, April 02, 2019
Difficult day
Yesterday my husband had a really hard day. Even though he made the right decision (and he knows that), he is just incredibly sad. Teaching was a dream and had been a long time. And he gave it up not because he didn't like it or didn't like the kids - it was simply due to the horrible way in which our education system in this state is broken. And of course he is worried about finding another job, even though we have savings for several months so we aren't in any immediate danger of not being able to pay bills or anything.
According to my Fitbit I got 3.5 hours of sleep last night and today I am having the really rough day emotionally. I went to the gym and eked out 30 minutes of a passable kettlebell workout. I went to the grocery to pick up a lime to squeeze into my water and (barely) managed to avoid walking out with some buffalo chicken salad from the deli. I brought a perfectly fine lunch, but I seriously wanted to comfort eat.
I'm hoping posting about it here will help. I made the mistake of posting last Sunday "things are in a good place". And now they most certainly aren't, but I have to somehow stay focused and not allow my feelings to take over so that I sabotage all my efforts.
Take care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
My mother was a teacher and had been most of her life. She retired early because of her disappointment with the education system, and that was years ago. I can only imagine it's even worse now for teachers.
Post a Comment