Wednesday, April 24, 2019

I miss planning


I have a long history of planning and prepping meals in advance. It works for me on so many levels! So when I get back from out of town late like I did this past weekend, it's tough. Monday night I dug up some stuffed chicken breasts from the freezer (store bought) - I had one for dinner and one for lunch the next day. Yesterday's breakfast was a sandwich from Sheetz (gas station) - that was actually pretty good: egg, turkey sausage, and guacamole on a whole grain English muffin. Snacks were Muscle Milk Light. Dinner was leftover vegetarian chili out of the freezer. Sadly, by the time I got home yesterday I was utterly exhausted and wiped out and didn't feel like doing any food prep. I took a dose of NyQuil and crawled into bed at 8:30, although I did read a while.

When I woke up this morning at 5:15 I knew what I had to do: get my butt in the kitchen! LOL I got up and did food prep for about 45 minutes. I made coffee & tea, boiled eggs for snacks, spaghetti with homemade meatballs (meatballs and sauce were already available in the freezer, yay for cooking double batches!), protein pasta, and zucchini noodles for lunch, and I had an open face veggie burger on sprouted grain bread for breakfast. My weight is up a bit so I am tracking in Sparkpeople for the extra accountability. Yesterday I bought 2 bags of salad to stash in the fridge at work so I am pretty well set. T is in charge of dinners for the rest of the week. :-)

So back home, getting back into the routine, getting the holiday weight off. Feels good!

Take care.

1 comment:

Mrs Swan said...

I have been slacking on the meal prep myself. I need to get my butt back in gear though. Yeah for prep!