Tuesday, September 03, 2019
Food prep
Howdy, howdy, welcome back from a long holiday weekend. I did my best imitation of a house elf and did a bunch of stuff around the house & yard, so that's good! I overdid it a couple of times, but overall it was a restful AND productive weekend!
When T was teaching, he got home early and was done for the day. We pretty much alternated cooking duties and took leftovers for our lunches. That model is no longer working. He comes home more tired, and doesn't take a lunch since he works in a restaurant.
For lunches I've flipped back to an earlier model where I prep 4 lunches for the week, doing something different on the 5th day. These days that's my "at home" day, but I used to indulge in the food truck or going out once a week. With no need for the leftovers, I am planning 4 servings but we eat the meal twice in a row. So it looks something like this:
Mon & Tue: meal 1
Wed: meal 2
Thur & Fri meal 3
Sat: out maybe
Sun: ?
We generally eat out once a week. This model lets me prep on Sunday (the day I'm doing food rep anyway) for Mon & Tues, then Wednesday I generally work at home so I'll prep for Thu & Fri. I'm not really cooking when I get home (since I get home so late), but T doesn't have a lot he has to do either. That frees him up to relax, work on the house and/or yard, etc. Since we're only eating the same meal twice, and only doing that twice, we still feel like we're getting a good variety and I don't feel like I'm overwhelmed with planning, shopping, and prep for a bunch of different meals.It works for us because we both like leftovers and we both have input into the meals we eat. That way we are both getting our favorites into regular rotation.
This week's meals:
Breakfast: turkey burger on a slice of ezekiel bread
Snack: 12 almonds & a clementine
Lunch: spicy salmon bowl
Snack: string cheese or almonds & clementine
Dinner - varies as above.
My mom came in from Wilmington today to wait out the storm, so we'll need ot change up dinner plans a bit.
I went to the kbell gym Saturday and yesterday. That worked well since I typically go Tuesday night but can't tonight due to a vestry meeting on re-opening the lunch program.
I hope you had a good weekend. Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment