Friday, April 03, 2020

Could be better, could be worse


Today there were lay offs at work. While I am still employed, a dear friend of 20+ years is not. Two people on our team were let go. My husband's scheduled vacations are cancelled for ??? long. Times are really bad in a way that I can't really wrap my mind around. So I just keep putting one foot in front of the other and getting through. 

Thankfully we are the types to have an emergency fund and live beneath our means. Our goal is to get to the point that we are able to live off only 1 income. We aren't there yet, but that's what we've been working toward for a time. Now that T has taken a 25% pay cut, we are thankful for our lifestyle!

Take care of yourselves!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure is getting hard to be positive. I am still working so that is a blessing. Like you. My husband & I have always lived below our means so that maybe we could retire and live at least as comfortable as we do now. I just try to remember that these hard times will make us grateful when the good times return. And I know they will. We just need to hunker down for now and get through it.

Paula C

My Time to Bloom said...

I am still working, but my company is struggling. My husband is a handyman, and no one wants someone in their home right now, so his work has ground to a halt. It's scary. He's applied for jobs until he can get back to his own business, but so many are out of work right now, I will be surprised if he even gets a phone call. I am taking it one day at a time and trying to get by.