Monday, November 30, 2020

I'm not okay, you're (probably) not okay either - and I guess that has to be okay

 Hi.

In this case I haven't been posting because I haven't been doing well. Although I don't really discuss it here, I have PTSD. As the lockdown has progressed, my coping skills haven't really kept up and I keep reverting back to previous coping skills (like food). And I feel badly because there are folks who have been MUCH more impacted than me, but minimizing my feelings doesn't help anyone else. 

I sent a note to my counselor and today I am focused on doing things that are caring for myself rather than the house or whatever. I have to make self care a priority, and I haven't been.

Take care of yourselves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven’t been okay either. I have been sad for a while. I am in Covid fatigue. I really wish this medical issue wasn’t made into a political issue. I read only CDC and other medical publications to keep up. I know I am blessed that at 57 I don’t have serious medical issues so I understand I have a very high rate of overcoming this disease. But the stress of work, Covid, political hatred/violence has really messed with me and my health. I am trying hard to get back on track but have been unsuccessful. I plan to make December my turn around month. 2021 has got to be better.

Paula C

SANRDJ said...

You are not alone - many are struggling, including myself. I normally feel SAD when september rolls around and summer has ended, but we never had a summer this year and the sadness has just continued. It's just been an awful year. Take care of you. I'm so glad you reached out to your counselor. Hope you feel better soon.

*Sweat and Sparkle* said...

I am having a very hard time lately. It's not one thing. It's a lot of things, piled up, and made worse by the lockdowns, isolation, being sick of the entire damn mess. Now the holiday stress is here to pile on top. I am just taking things one day at a time and trying very hard to take care of myself and my mental health by staying aware of how overwhelmed I feel.